[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-250 Angle Stiffener Web Question

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Sep 7 11:03:20 EDT 2017

Steve, I agree with Sean's description of how a hole in the stiffener
affects the stress but from a practical perspective, I think if you placed
a few small diameter holes, say 1/4" diameter equally spaced around he
flange in the center of the web the impact would be negligible.  I would
have no problem doing this. Calculating the impact on crush depth would
be a pain in the butt as you would have to run full non linear FEA analysis
at design depth with and without the holes to see difference in stresses.
There would be a lot of other items that would be more likely to kill you
than this.

Cliff

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles <