[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED light

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Sep 7 22:30:42 EDT 2017

Hank,
you sure you got the Watts right?
A ball park figure is 100 lumens per Watt, so that would mean a
240W lamp.
   I think I know the type you refer to; cob on a pedestal. I believe
they would rely a lot on the reflector configuration or the light
would just go straight out the sides. Also car head lights are more
spot lights than flood that we require. It would end up a lot larger
than if you went with the type of led that Cliff, Alec & I are  using.
These have a built in wide angle, & I am not needing any  reflector.
You can use a focusing lens if you want a spot.
Was googling & found this 100W round Cree led that may be an alternative
for Cliff.
http://www.cree.com/led-components/media/documents/ds-CXA3070.pdf