[PSUBS-MAILIST] FL Keys Post-Irma

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Sep 15 11:05:50 EDT 2017

Hello All, Doug here with a quick word on our property in the Keys. We
weathered the storm with no major damage to the house or to the boat!
We did lose a good chunk of the "tiki hut" down by the canal, but that
is easily repaired. We consider ourselves extremely fortunate because
many Keys residents have lost their homes, cars, boats, etc. A major
mitigating factor was that the storm hit the other side of the island
first, so we had a "storm break" of sorts made up of all those
properties closer to the Atlantic side of the island.

I've spoken with Jon about his property and thankfully he's in a
similar situation: no real damage to his house, though he did lose
some vegetation.

Thank you to all who were thinking of us as that monster passed
through. While we made out okay, many did not. The Keys were hit hard
by Irma and it will take months (probably years) to fully recover from
the destruction. ~ Doug