[PSUBS-MAILIST] bend test

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Sep 22 20:40:14 EDT 2017

 Rick,No, I am having trouble finding exact details.  I did find that for the yield strength it must be bent over a 1.5 inch mandrel.  Also if the piece is being bent sideways it must be full thickness but no detail on width.  Also if the sample is flame cut the HAZ must be ground off and I did that.  If the sample is sheered off then the work hardened surface must be ground off.  I want to cut the next sample with a band saw to ensure the flame cut has no effect.  I did not bend it completely into a U shape because the guide bars are set for 1 inch by 1 inch sample.  I am going to make a video of the next bend that will show the weld area being bent sideways and I will set the rig up to ensure it bends it completely into a U shape.  As you can imagine I am delighted with the results so far, and realize that I have to  make an adjustment to create the perfect U shape.  That will be easily done.Hank