[PSUBS-MAILIST] cabin pressure

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 3 23:16:20 EDT 2018

Hi Brian,

D'you have an over-pressure valve? I just stick the shop vac hose over the
valve (which is slightly smaller diameter than the hose) and that'll pull a
small vacuum in the cabin. If you can see a cabin pressure gauge through a
viewport, just pull the vacuum and then see if it persists over say ten
minutes after removing the shop vac. If it does, your hull is air-tight.

Best,
Alec

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:48 PM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <