[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electric Manipulator

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Apr 22 02:30:50 EDT 2018

 Hank & all.Here is a dwg of an idea I had for a cheap electric manipulator.It is a geared motor such as a 36V drill motor, water proofed &compensated (not shown), winding through a nut on the manipulator arm.So a small thruster motor with a screw thread instead of a propeller.I think it would be stronger than a linear actuator that works in a similarfashion, however during it's operation the screw part will extend past the arm& may be a point that could catch an obstruction. The other down side isthe thread may possibly jam in the nut if any muck got caught in there.It may be a useful idea for some other function. (It may exist)Cheers Alan