[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota lower unit material

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Apr 30 21:57:14 EDT 2018

Phillipe,
here is the link to James's site that documents his K350 build.
Somewhere in the build log you should see how he has done his rotating
thrusters.
http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/index.htm
I understand where you are coming from in that a welded rod on to the
thruster's penetrator would be more substantial than a threaded rod
that may unwind.
As the guys have said, watch that the magnets don't get too hot. Also most
magnets are glued on so any heat may effect the glue.
All the best.