[PSUBS-MAILIST] Comms for the SeaQuestor Sub

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 1 20:58:36 EDT 2018

Thanks Jon & Alec,
I see the transducer for sale.....
https://www.uswaterrescue.com/TC_35S_Transducer_Cable_p/o-tc-35s.htm
for $209-. Or $189- for the shorter cable at
http://oceantechnologysystems.mwrc.net/en/product.php?product_id=44912
The conversion kit I mentioned is $729- & only has the headset & transducer.
So if that $189- transducer plugs in to the SB 2010 you could do the conversion
for under $250 using Alec's piece of electronics on an alternative headset.
Double the savings in my case if I go for a converted SB 2010 for a surface
unit.
Alec, If that electronics is just the push to talk function would it be something
like a single pole double throw momentary switch. That would mean you push
the button & there is a connection to the mike & a break in connection
to the headset. Or is it more complicated than that? Don't want to get you
to pull your unit apart.
Jon, thanks for that info. I am now leaning heavily toward 2 x SB 2010.
If anyone knows what depth the transducers are rated for I would be interested.
I have seen ratings for the SB 2010 but not the transducer.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad