[PSUBS-MAILIST] Comms for the SeaQuestor Sub

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Aug 7 00:47:25 EDT 2018

David,
Very good, You must be thinking about these options in
your sleep.
I am making my flight controller as I couldn't find an option I was happy with.
Have a 3 axis joystick for horizontal thrusters & roll, $15- & a thumb slide
top hat joystick for vertical & possibly a horizontal thruster.
In addition to the coms ptt button I am considering up,down,left,right
& select buttons for screen navigation, but will see what it looks & feels
like on the mock up.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 7/08/2018, at 2:19 AM, David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Alan, yup that's what I'm doing. Had the flight grip built with a number of momentary contact switches, one of which was for comms..
>
> David
>
>> On Sun, Aug 5, 2018, 1:07 PM Alan via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
>> David, Cliff,
>> just had the thought that if you are using a flight controller style
>> joystick you could wire up your push to talk button on your coms
>> to that. They have plenty of switches & it would give you a free hand.
>> Cheers Alan
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On 2/08/2018, at 5:35 PM, David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alan, my plan is to use the ssb2010 with headset in the sub and the St101 on the surface with headset. Once I get all the pieces I plan on running some experiments on the volume and headset control. I have access to 6 mics, and 6 transducers at a pretty decent price. So i may grow my inventory to play  with . My 101 showed up today, and i should have the 2010 and headsets later this week.
>>> David
>>>
>>> On Aug 1, 2018 8:13 PM, "Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Alan, the transducer is potted very well.  I suspect it is capable of going much deeper than the 500 foot maximum the SSB-2010 unit is rated for.  Cliff has one mounted on R-300 and got it down to 400 feet with no issues.
>>>
>>> Jon

>>> for $209-. Or $189- for the shorter cable at