[PSUBS-MAILIST] home made actuator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Aug 11 17:33:35 EDT 2018

Hank,
my first thought was satellite dish actuator.
This one is claiming 500lb capacity.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Venture-18-Inch-Linear-Actuator-36V-Jack-Arm-with-Saddle-Clamp-Satellite-Dish-/271574942987
But you wouldn't need that with horizontal travel. Any idea what force it
takes to pull / push it? I assume it is external.
Just wondering why you need 400lb!
Cheers Alan