[PSUBS-MAILIST] home made actuator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Aug 12 19:23:57 EDT 2018

Hank,
more thoughts that you may not necessarily want to incorporate at
this stage. The linear actuator is just a turning threaded rod; if we
used an exposed underwater motor like the blue robotics item & corrosion
resistant gear box to drive a threaded stainless shaft, you wouldn't need
to oil compensate & seal the actuator & could have as much travel as you
wanted. You could even have enough travel to push the 400lb weight off
the end of it's track, making it a drop weight.
Alan