[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sand Blasting

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Aug 14 14:58:16 EDT 2018

David,
I think I'd wait on the outside for the welding to be complete.  They should be prepping the joints just prior to welding so that's shouldn't be an issue, plus the heat is going to discolor and/or burn any surrounding paint.  When you get it back, sandblast and prime the whole thing.
However...given the difficulty of both prepping and painting the interior, I think I would take the opportunity to get as much of that done first, as possible.  You can touch up afterwards any burn marks from welding but at least the bulk of it would be finished.
Jon