[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lurker finally surfacing!

james hughes via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 30 00:23:43 EDT 2018

Hi Jon,Thanks for taking the time to run that calculation!  I was planning on an unmanned test to 250 or 300 feet (not too deep that if somehting went wrong I wouldn't be able to salvage the thing).  But for the near term while I get used to piloting a sub I was planning on staying at about 35 to 45 feet.  One of the places I want to take the boat is the Point Loma kelp forest (where it's only about 40 feet deep).  I may have to stay on the perimeter of the forest to keep from getting entangled, but it is certainly high on my places to explore when I put this thing in the water.  Going into the submarine canyon at La Jolla (near Scripps Institution of oceanography) is also on my list of places to see but that can wait until I'm certain of what depth will be safe for me to go.  Thanks again!God bless, Jim