[PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery boxes

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 10 18:26:58 EST 2018

 Steve,I am told it may  fail, but I am not convinced.  I expect the contacts to carbon up but I am using big robust relays and I will drill them out.  They are pretty cheap to replace annually.The reason for putting them in the battery box is reduced cable length.  I have to have the weight of the batteries at the very back end of the sub for balance.  That means the cables would be 6 feet to the penetrator then to the relays then back out to the motors.  I would be running 50 amps 12 feet.  I have a fairly small battery bank and don't want to waste power on long cable leads.I made the battery box today and it turned out great!Hank