[PSUBS-MAILIST] Closed view

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Dec 22 13:05:11 EST 2018

Thanks Alan and Jon
The screwdriver idea I assume would drive a piece of all thread like a worm
drive to open and close the valve? In principle i think that would have
enough torque to do the job but am concerned that the valve would open and
close very slowly which I don't think would work for this application. What
would be perfect would be a simple hydraulic ram with a 4" to 6" throw but
then I would have to have all the stuff that comes along with having a
hydraulic system, motor, resivore etc which I would prefer not to have to
do to just operate one ram.
Hank, aren't you using electric rams for your arm?  can you recommend an
electric "preferably 12 volt" that would work?
Rick

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 5:08 AM Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <