[PSUBS-MAILIST] Vesc motor temperature display

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 31 17:41:18 EST 2018

Jon,
thanks, it is using a 10K NTC thermistor but the power to it runs through a
small pcb in the motor that is also used by the hall sensors. I have sealed
the wires out of the motor, so it's not a reasonable option to separate the
thermistor from the pcb. And again I am needing the reading from this thermistor
to go into the esc for over-temperature control.
The Esc attaches to a computer via a usb connection. I am not sure what
protocol is used to transfer this data. At some stage I am wanting to be able
to display all this data ( motor & esc temperature, Voltage, Amp draw, rpm, run
time duty cycle) on my HMI. But at the moment just looking for the motor
temperature.
I am on holiday at the moment & will have another determined look at this when
I get back!
Cheers Alan