[PSUBS-MAILIST] Mushroom Valve?

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 1 12:44:10 EST 2018

James,
the saddle tanks don't look very substantial. Could you just seal
them & counteract the additional buoyancy with lead at the bottom
of the sub. Or use syntactic foam & additional lead instead.
Will add to the weight on the trailer, but shouldn't be that much
should it! How much buoyancy do you think you will get when you
subtract the weight of the tubes?
Vance gave us a design for a pneumatically activated valve at the
Islamorada conference. I believe Cliff has copied one of Hugh's
pneumatically activated valves.
I have been designing a solenoid valve based on Vance's design &
have been running my ambient with off the shelf solenoid valves.
This was not the most robust solution as they are subject to corrosion.