[PSUBS-MAILIST] Mushroom Valve?

Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 1 13:54:40 EST 2018

James, When you do mount, like others have said, ensure the mounting attachments are beefy enough you can also support some decking with these mounts (if you want). I have similarly placed variable ballast tubes on my K-250 that will also be used to support my decking.

For improved stability I am also considering adding some smaller saddle tanks in the future in conjunction to the variable ballast tubes I have.
I think for this application Alec's arrangement on Snoopy  (1 mech. thru hull in tower) was clean and simple. I anticipate I will do the same.

I have attached a couple of photos.

Thanks,
Steve

---- James Frankland via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am adding saddle tanks to Jodie B.
>
> Im not 100% sure what to do with regards to the vent plumbing.  I would
> like to ask if anyone has any advice?
>
> I am thinking of putting 2x through hulls on the top of the main pressure
> hull.  For and aft of the tower and then piping the vents to a valve that
> would operate through them.  Similar to the existing vents.
>
> OR, fit the through hulls at the side so they penetrate the tanks and have
> a linkage of some sort that operates valves attached to the top of each
> tank, for and aft.  Some sort of mushroom valve??
>
> Any ideas?  What have other people done?

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Var Bal Tks_s.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 110335 bytes