[PSUBS-MAILIST] frozen absorbent

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Feb 14 13:22:46 EST 2018

 Hi Tom,Thanks for the input, how can I tell if it was frozen?  I wonder how it is shipped into our climate?Hank
    On Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 10:12:07 AM MST, TOM WHENT via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

  In rebreather diving we will not use sorb that has been frozen. The granules must have moisture in them. From what I understand the freezing breaks up the granules which would alter the characteristics of the flow and surface area of the scrubber. For diving purposes this translate into "work of breathing". I'm not sure how that would affect its use in a one atmosphere submersible which would not be as sensitive to CO2 buildup.

Get Outlook for Android

Hi All,I ordered some Soda Sorb and it arrived yesterday.  My wife picked it up at the post office and it sat in her car all day.  It was quite cold and could have frozen.  I read all the literature that comes with it and of coarse it says "avoid freezing" .  I suspect when it was in transit it was also cold enough to freeze.   Any ideas how vulnerable it is?Hank

Hi All,I ordered some Soda Sorb and it arrived yesterday.  My wife picked it up at the post office and it sat in her car all day.  It was quite cold and could have frozen.  I read all the literature that comes with it and of coarse it says "avoid freezing" .  I suspect when it was in transit it was also cold enough to freeze.   Any ideas how vulnerable it is?Hank_______________________________________________
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org