[PSUBS-MAILIST] frozen absorbent

TOM WHENT via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Feb 14 13:42:36 EST 2018

Hi Hank, I'm not certain how you can tell if it was frozen. The people I dive with get together and order by the skid. It must get shipped in an insulated container.

I would suspect if it was frozen that you would see a smaller mesh size and more dust.

In scuba diving it is more of a problem because there really is no way to accurately measure CO2 in the breathing loop. We consider one half of a percent co2 to be scrubber breakthrough. 10 percent CO2 is fatal however due to the ambient pressure involved in scuba diving .005 turns into .1 in a hurry with the increased partial pressures at depth.

This would not be so much of a problem in your case because a) you are always at one atmosphere of pressure and b) you are able to accurately monitor CO2 concentration in the sub.

Tom

Get Outlook for Android

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM -0500, "hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

            Hi Tom,Thanks for the input, how can I tell if it was frozen?  I wonder how it is shipped into our climate?Hank