[PSUBS-MAILIST] Marlin s101 for sale $80k (lots of pictures)

irox via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Feb 20 23:38:50 EST 2018

For a "ready to dive" diesel electric, $80K sounds like a deal:
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1987-marlin-32-diesel-electric-s101-manned-submarine-102153353
Lots of pictures.  I like submarine pictures.

More here as well:
https://www.popyachts.com/submersible-vessels-for-sale/marlin-32-diesel-electric-s101-manned-submarine-in-vero-beach-florida-40442

Seems it has been de-rated from 1000ft operational depth to "max operating depth is 300 feet".
Although the wording they use doesn't make perfect sense.  For example, it claims the collapse depth is
1250ft, but I think they are confused with test depth (per ABS, 125% of operational depth).
The other ABS claims don't match with my understand of ABS rules either.

Perhaps it can still be rated to 1000ft.

Regardless, this is a beautiful craft, and I am enjoying the (~500?!) pictures.

Cheers,
  Ian.