[PSUBS-MAILIST] Forward Facing Scanning Sonar

k6fee via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Feb 24 21:48:40 EST 2018

A friend of mine has a forward looking sonar and it's great for spotting rises in the bottom. However his boat isn't a sub, so no idea of what pressure the transducer can take.
Keith T.

-------- Original message --------From: via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Date: 2/24/18  6:38 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: personal_submersibles at psubs.org Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Forward Facing Scanning Sonar
Scanning sonar is the set of eyes you don't have. It's invaluable for anything beyond just dawdling around having a look in the light pool. Unfortunately, 10-15k won't touch what Pisces carries. The acoustic altimeter alone is getting on for 5k. Ouch.
Vance