[PSUBS-MAILIST] Joystick

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Feb 26 16:36:48 EST 2018

Am looking for a semi industrial or industrial joystick for controlling
4 thrusters; two vertical, two horizontal.
I want to operate it with one hand. The X axis will be the horizontal thrusters
throttle forward & reverse, the Y axis is the horizontal thrusters proportional
speed for turning ( pretty standard ). The vertical thruster control is what I
am having trouble with; I want it to be as intuitive as possible & have seen
buttons on joystick shafts that could be used for up & down. In the attached
picture the buttons are on the top of the shaft in the left hand example.
I am also wanting the unit pretty small, so small intuitive, one handed operation.
It doesn't matter if there is a few extra buttons as I could use these for lights
or display control etc.
If anyone knows of anything, or has a better solution, I would be interested
thanks. Oh yeah, & not really expensive!