[PSUBS-MAILIST] Joystick

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Feb 26 18:00:18 EST 2018

Thanks Sean,
sounds like I got my X & Y mixed up.
I don't think I need a yaw motion from the rotation of the joystick as
I get this with a combination of X & Y. The tractor steering on my ambient
works well, & this just has an X & Y axis on the horizontal thrusters. I could
however feed the control through the PLC & put in some logic so that when
I go nearly full left on the joy stick, the right hand thruster goes in reverse to
turn the sub on it's axis.
On my ambient sub I have a separate joy stick for the horizontal thrusters ( PS2 controller ). This is reasonably intuitive but takes two hands, & I want a hand
free for a camera, HMI or manipulator.
If I can't find anything off the shelf it may come down to putting a small finger
operated joystick horizontally off the main joystick shaft.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad