[PSUBS-MAILIST] PLC HMI selection

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jan 2 15:33:26 EST 2018

Hi,
am looking at purchasing a PLC & HMI.
Don't know a lot about what I am doing other than I have completed a basic
PLC programming course in RSLogix 500.
I will be having at least 31 analog & 4 digital inputs and 7 digital & 1 analog
output plus HMI connection. So most of the input is just for display on the
HMI & for alarms.
I want the PLC to be as small as possible & have been looking at the Automation
Direct Productivity 1000 stackable Micro PLC
https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Programmable_Controllers/Productivity_Series_Controllers/Productivity1000_(Stackable_Micro_PLC)
This item has just enough analog inputs.
Also I am looking at a 7-8" HMI screen. Automation Direct have this item I have been
looking at...
https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/HMI_(Human_Machine_Interface)/C-more_Touch_Panels/C-more_Touch_Panels_EA9_Series/C-more_EA9_Series_Touch_Panels/EA9-T8CL
Is a bit expensive at $999-
I envisage I will be designing the graphics; have done a lot with photoshop in
the past & a tiny bit of annimation, so any program that has similarities to the
photoshop format would probably be helpful, however not too concerned about that.
Has anybody got any suggestions about suitable PLCs & HMIs or any comments
about what I'm looking at.
The PLC has a 125V DC input, I couldn't see an IP rating for it. The HMI is IP 25.
Cliff, what size screen do you have & are you feeling it is the correct size?
Thanks,