[PSUBS-MAILIST] Commercial Grade O2 vs. Medical

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jan 3 19:04:37 EST 2018

Brian,
I did an Emergency O2 providers course at a dive shop that sold O2.
Now have a card with my face on it.
I don't know if there are any regulations, but I get on well with the manager
& this is what he was happy with me doing before he would fill O2.
This was the easiest option, cheap & Only a couple of nights.
I think if I went to any dive shop in the World & pulled out my Padi O2 card
they would be happy to fill. Also we are carrying O2 so are able to provide it
in a diving emergency, so thats an advantage to divers.
Medical O2 providers may also be convinced to fill for you if you have the card.
The other option for me was to do a mixed gas diving course which is much
more expensive & intense.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad