[PSUBS-MAILIST] a 13yr old French psubber

T Novak via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jan 11 12:15:47 EST 2018

Translation to English:

At 13, he makes his own submarine
Changed on 25/08/2017 at 10:20 | Posted on 24/08/2017 at 18:24
listen

Photo caption: Evrard Perrin, his father, and a friend, at the port of La
Turballe with Sub Explored. | West France

Juliette Sellin and the local correspondent / Ouest-France
It's not the Beatles' song. But almost. Évrard Perrin, 13, from La Turballe,
Loire-Atlantique, built his first submarine. The machine is 4.90 m long and
weighs 1.8 tons!
"It's not genius. It's passion. In La Turballe, the young Evrard Perrin made
a surprising machine at the age of 13: a submarine. His name ? Sub Explored.

White nights

With its color worthy of the Beatles' song Yellow Submarine, the teenager's
submarine has been meticulously crafted, and in just one year. "We found
plans and documents," explains Franck Perrin, father and collaborator. In
libraries and on the Internet. "
But they admit it both, it took "several sleepless nights" to see its bright
yellow. "We worked during school holidays and weekends. "

This piece of metal 4.90 m long, and weighing 1,800 t, has everything to
explore the seabed: three portholes, tank, ballast ... "All components come
from recycled materials", which the duo has found in garbage dumps or at
scrap dealers.
On the side of its tightness. "The tests are conclusive". The submarine has
a range of 45 minutes, down to 3 meters, and can accommodate three children
or two adults. "Driving is easy, it can be done alone. "

Photo caption: The Sub Sub Explored on the launching crane. | West France

"Passionate about the marine environment"

But why make a submarine? "I am passionate about the marine environment,"
explains the young man who has been diving with his father for several
years. Everything is explained.
Evrard Perrin is not yet at his first stroke master. Inventions have been
jostling since childhood: musical boxes at age 6, electric bike at age 8,
and electric scooter at age 9. "If he had been able to build his baby
carriage in his mother's womb, he would have done it," comments Franck
Perrin. And it's not over.
The pair finished his new project: a diver "in one day". For the future,
Évrard later plans to become a fighter pilot or engineer in naval aviation.
Obviously, it looks good.