[PSUBS-MAILIST] Small ballast tanks anyone?

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jan 28 19:13:34 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

Due to a design change in Shackleton, I've got a dozen aluminum tanks to
get rid of. They're good quality, originally off a military vehicle.
There's 1/2" NPT nozzles at both ends on the heads as well as at the ends
of the cylinder. I have the end cap nipples plugged and the ones on the
cylinder are for the air to escape. Also I welded an aluminum pipe into the
cylinder to allow venting and flooding, and which acts as a downspout to
prevent burping. These tanks are 9.5" in diameter, 28" long, and provide 68
lbs of buoyancy each.  I can see them being used as auxiliary saddle tanks
on a K250, or a raft MBT built up from several small tanks. Twenty bucks
and shipping perhaps?

Best,