[PSUBS-MAILIST] actuators

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 4 23:23:01 EDT 2018

Cliff,
the slow stroke of the actuator could have been oil lifting the brushes
of the actuator motor if it wasn't just through forcing the oil through tubes.
I found my linear actuator motors ran really rough in oil. I think it has
a lot to do with the viscosity of the oil compared with the size of the motor.
Ie. you might compensate a large motor with a certain viscosity of oil
but you would have to reduce the viscosity of the oil in proportion to
the size of the motor for the brushes not to lift!
Can't wait for all the reports & videos once you get over your drive!
Just welding up my motor test jig at the moment, your set up has been
an inspiration.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad