[PSUBS-MAILIST] Wanted: Aluminum I-beam

Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 10 18:02:06 EDT 2018

Hi All,  Need some input.   Pressure test rigs.

Looking for ideas for a 1000 meter depth test vessel for ROV’s.

I have done a basic design using 12” Sched 120 but by the time it is design approved etc it is getting up to USD $5,000 plus.

Initial design was for a quick release 8 lug twist lock.  As I looked at using Flanges and bolts but the weight gets a bit horiffic with the flange studs and nuts coming to over $600  without the cost of the flanges.

A 24 inch test vessel would be better but 12 inch would suffice for now.  The concept drawing is as below.  Cheers,  Hugh