[PSUBS-MAILIST] window opening

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jul 13 20:31:04 EDT 2018

Hank, this is a flat disc port?  If so, it doesn’t fit typical recommended configuration by Stachiw which is OD = ID * 1.25

I have to assume that such a large OD/ID ratio as you have described was used to increase depth capability without getting into a more expensive conical or spherical segment configuration.  I dont have access to stachiws book right now to see if he has a calculation based upon the ratio.  If nobody answers sooner I’ll look it up Sunday evening when I return home.

Jon