[PSUBS-MAILIST] FW: Casper 2

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 31 09:02:23 EDT 2018

Hi Graham,

I had a similar problem initially with my new sub. It comes down to adding
buoyancy up high and weight down low. I too have batteries inside
cylindrical pods. One of the cheapest and easiest ways to add low weight is
to cut long steel bars and slide them into the V shaped spaces between the
batteries and the sides of the pod. If you weld a nut to the end of each
bar you can easily slide them out using a bolt as a temporary handle. Make
sure the bars don't have a way to jump up and short out the battery
terminals when bouncing along on a trailer. In my case the upper edge of
the batteries is touching the wall of the pod so there is no way for the
bars to get on top of the batteries. A cheap way to add high buoyancy is
using trawl floats.

Best,
Alec

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 8:40 AM, Alan via Personal_Submersibles <