[PSUBS-MAILIST] Tube Bending Tips/Advice

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 9 13:41:49 EST 2018

Process I have been using that seems to work pretty well is to take Romex
house wire say AWG 12, separate out a single wire and bend out a template.
I use Swagelok compression fittings so I have a Swagelok 1/4" bending
tool.  You need a bending tool for each size of tubing you use.  If you go
the Swagelok web site and download the Swagelok Tube Fitter's Manual (
https://sch.swagelok.com/~/media/Distributor%20Media/O-S/SCH/Products/swagelok-tube-fitters-manual-compact/Tube%20Fitters%20Manual%201.ashx?la=en
)
which will give you a lot of info not just bending and compression
fittings  but also good tips on designing the tubing runs.

Swagelok tubing benders are not cheap but again they come up on Ebay all
the time.

Cliff

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 9:33 AM, Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles <