[PSUBS-MAILIST] Tube Bending Tips/Advice

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 9 14:02:13 EST 2018

Steve,
more thoughts; if you are wanting to bend it to the curvature of your hull
you won't get a nice job with an expensive small tube bender, you would
end up with a series of small bends to form the large curve.
If you bend the tube over a large profile the chances are you will put a kink
in your expensive tube.
On the large curves fitting the subs profile perhaps you could bend it without
putting a permanent curve in it, & just push it in to the fitting with spring
tension on it.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad