[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Mar 12 22:39:57 EDT 2018

Folks, the Tahoe trip is a joint effort of Hank with Gamma, Cliff with
R300, and Craig with a surface vessel and an ROV. Its too far for me to
take Shackleton from the East coast, but I'm tagging long to make a film of
it. This is under the Innerspace Science banner, in collaboration with
scientists from UC Davis and NASA. Detailed agenda will follow when ready,
but if PSUBS members want to put it on their schedules the dates are June
25-29 and the base of operations most likely will be the Southern end of
the lake. Most likely day 1 will be shallow water test dives to make sure
all is well after the long tows from Canada and Texas, maybe some rides and
video shoots, and a depth test. The balance of the week is more science
focused. The science objectives will likely comprise a check of an ancient
flooded forest, mapping the extension of an invasive weed, and monitoring
the rate of sedimentation on the wreck of the SS Tahoe. Please consider
this all preliminary information.

Best,

Alec

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 7:23 PM, irox via Personal_Submersibles <