[PSUBS-MAILIST] life support test

Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Mar 18 19:59:31 EDT 2018

Hi Alan,
Agreed the martini test probably is easier although I think that model is
going to deviate the further you go.

I had a friend (very experienced deep air diver) who was pushed to
60m/180ft by a current and he literally didn't have the mental faculty to
save himself (he was fortunately holding a rope which I pulled up).

If you're even still conscious breathing air at 100m/300ft you're doing
pretty well. High oxygen seizures start to become a real risk beyond 70m on
air, quite apart from how debilitating the narcosis will be.

Cheers,
Steve

On 19 Mar 2018 10:23 am, "Alan via Personal_Submersibles" <