[PSUBS-MAILIST] Press Fit

Thu Mar 29 10:11:52 EDT 2018

Be careful with press fitting a bearing. If you get it even slightly too tight, it can adversely affect running friction and smoothness. The bearing manufacturer should provide technical data on the recommended fit class, and you need to take care to target that accurately. Or, as others have indicated, use a clearance fit and just loctite or preload the installed bearing to prevent any relative movement of the static race.

Sean

Sent from ProtonMail mobile