[PSUBS-MAILIST] Press Fit

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 29 12:42:30 EDT 2018

Hi Alan,

This sounds a lot like replacing the front wheel bearings in my son's race
kart. It's a press fit into aluminum. Just make yourself a little cylinder
of solid aluminum or plastic that is a hair smaller OD than the bearing,
sit the bearing down over the hole its going into, hold your custom made
aluminum or plastic rod onto the bearing, and tap with a mallet. Your
custom rod allows you to put the mallet force onto the outside edge of the
bearing. What you don't want to do is drive the bearing from the inside run
and have the resistance act on the outside run.

Best,

Alec

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 9:43 AM, Alan via Personal_Submersibles <