[PSUBS-MAILIST] air flow vs. water flow

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 30 20:41:30 EDT 2018

Thanks Cliff! It's hard to follow equations when they are written in words,
but a bottom line of 2 seconds sounds like quite fast enough. I was
actually testing the valve itself with this method, checking that it sealed
well, and the speed data point was just an interesting byproduct. But it's
good, it gives me a rough enough idea to be actionable. I think the action
will be to protect those valve handles against accidental activation. I
love the idea of diving fast, but I don't want a passenger coming aboard to
hit a valve with his toes and dive the sub in two seconds!

Best,
Alec

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles <