[PSUBS-MAILIST] SeaQuestor build update

Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Nov 3 08:11:07 EDT 2018

David, in my K-250 rebuild everything that I can bolt on vs. weld I have done. For the reason Carsten mentions. As I think about future maintenance/redesign I am very pleased at the flexibility I can see it will give me.

Originally my K-250 had the skids welded to the hull and I saw first hand how those small areas around the welds that could not be gotten to. Therefore there were significant corrosion issues at these points.

Now my skids bolt onto tabs welded to the hull.

Thanks,
Steve