[PSUBS-MAILIST] scuba tanks

Sat Nov 3 17:01:42 EDT 2018

Yup. 3/4-14 NPS for standard tanks in North America, or 7/8-16 UNF for some high pressure cylinders. Either way, you can get fittings to permanently plumb them in, but be aware that when you eliminate an integrated valve, you also eliminate the burst disc safety mechanism, so you will have to implement that safety somehow, upstream of your first valve in the system. Buoyancy will depend on the specific cylinder - you can usually find the data sheets online. A Luxfer 80 will swing from about 3 lbs negative to 3 lbs positive, full to empty.

Sean