[PSUBS-MAILIST] eRe: Alan's new motor

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 4 19:52:39 EDT 2018

 Alan,If it was easy,,, well you know Hank
    On Thursday, October 4, 2018, 5:44:22 PM MDT, Alan via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hank,yes, this was what happened in my last pool test. I had a different motor &ran it for 30hrs before it self destructed. I had noticed the oil moving up the linewhen the thruster started. I didn't have a temperature sensor but must havereally cooked it. Multiple things went wrong. It had 3 hall sensors & they couldbe moved about to adjust the motor timing by heating the glue their board wasglued on with. It came lose so the motor timing would be seriously out of whackcausing more heating. Then there was the bad press fit of the stainless shaftI made for it......am learning.Alan