[PSUBS-MAILIST] Alec's new valves

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 29 08:49:26 EDT 2018

Hank,
part of the idea behind this is that being a 1 person sub I want to make
it super simple for anybody else to dive. I will make the ballast switch a momentary
switch so pilots can't leave it on by mistake & burn out my solenoid valves.
As for the reliability of the electronics; I was thinking of using 3 tilt switches
& having the program only take note of the 2 switches with the closest values
to each other, & also alerting the user if the third unit is out of a certain range
compared to the other 2. I will do similar with the O2 & CO2 systems.
I could additionally have switches wired direct to the solenoid valves over-riding
the arduino unit.
As per GL philosophy, no single component failure should be able to result
in a life threatening event.
Alan