[PSUBS-MAILIST] compass

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 29 21:10:14 EDT 2018

 Ian, Thank you, sorry about the sharp bracket.  I will mount the new one on a plastic pole behind the CTHank
    On Monday, October 29, 2018, 6:43:07 PM MDT, irox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 <!--#yiv2803003230 DIV {margin:0px;}-->
Hi Hank!
you could google for "Fluxgate compass" and see what you're comfortable with from an electronics point of view.
You could build your own for ~$50 ($15 for compass, ~ $10 for microcontroller, ~$20 for a display):https://www.adafruit.com/product/1120
But I imagine you'd prefer something more turn key, like:https://www.starmarinedepot.com/clipper-compass-system-w%2Fremovable-fluxgate-sensor.html
The sensor would need mounted outside, away from the hull, like a regular compass.
Cheers!  Ian.P.S.:  Please make it less sharp that the current compass mounting bracket on Gamma. :-)