[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Sep 4 09:58:38 EDT 2018

Hi Hank, The rib that I was driving at Tahoe was a 10'. For most of the
time it was ok with two passengers. However the large seas that Jon and I
experienced on Cliffs dive at San Harbour were a bit of a challenge. For
towing we had a merc 15 which for that boat was probably oversize in the
weight class but not power. When I was towing the R300 back around the
point, with the larger waves, you definitely knew you had 4000 lbs behind
you. I would go 12' min and maybe the same size motor if I was going to be
towing the SeaQuestor.  You don't realize how much gear you have as a
support vessel until it's all around your feet after taking a 4'+ swell.
The extra length would take care of that problem. I'll be looking at all of
those issues as I look for one.
Hey question, Did Tahoe charge you for launch and recovery for your rib as
well as the sub?

Best Regards,
David Colombo

804 College Ave
Santa Rosa, CA. 95404
(707) 536-1424
www.SeaQuestor.com

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 6:22 AM hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <