[PSUBS-MAILIST] SeaQuestor progress

David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Sep 8 20:45:54 EDT 2018

Hi Alec, yup that's right,  a periscope tube. If all goes per plan, it
should be able to extend about 4ft+ above the upper pilot dome height. The
camera at the top is rotational and has the ability to rotate vertically as
well. The tube is located forward of the front pilot station, and when
retracted, will be flush with the exoskeleton fiberglass shell. The main
reason I designed it was so the forward pilot could extend it a bit,  and
then rotate for sideways and rear view videos. So,  I decided, why not let
it extend up 6 more feet.  So that's the plan anyway.  But cruising just
below the surface and viewing the world thru the periscope cam I think will
be cool.
David

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 5:19 PM Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <