[PSUBS-MAILIST] Blue Robotics Sonar

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Feb 1 14:05:15 EST 2019

Brian,
that's a great idea having the transducer rotating.
With your multiple transducers are you displaying on one screen or three?
I was looking at the Simrad forward scan & talked about it with a national manager at a boat show, but no one could estimate a depth rating for it nor tell me whether it could shoot through fibreglass if I wanted to put it in an enclosure. They said it could possibly
need calibrating for shooting through a hull.
Love to know what you come up with for a forward scanning option.
Would a cheap short range fish finder do, as you just need to know if there
is something up ahead that you might hit. I think most come with alarm settings
for depth that would help with collision avoidance.
Alan