[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Feb 10 08:17:32 EST 2019

 Brian,You'r right, but Alan is putting a new spin on that.  He intends to be able to reach all areas of his sub.  My first dive project this year is to finally dive on a steam paddle wheeler.  Only one diver reached it and set a record at the time.  The diver is a friend and he told me he tied a marker line to the bow.  I want to get rid of that line, so that on future dives to the wreck I don'd risk descending onto that line.  Also as you mention one sub in a group should have this rope cutting ability.  Hank    On Saturday, February 9, 2019, 11:01:12 PM MST, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 I like the hydraulic chainsaw idea !     The only thing with my sub is that it's so large that I would more than likely get entangled in a place that would be unreachable with any arm I had anyway.   Actually that would be true with most any sub, you're not going to be able to reach all areas of the sub.  But for rescuing another sub I can see a real benefit  !
Brian