[PSUBS-MAILIST] sub materials

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jan 2 13:43:40 EST 2019

My new sub is built from recycled materials except for the serious stuff like occupant sphere and buoyancy tanks.  I get lots of stuff from friends, family and the local dump.  This year has been especially good for saving money on parts.  All my aluminum frames came from the dump, my battery box was an old canopy, my body panels came from my brother who brought me scraps from the local arena.  He just messaged me to say he got me two more nice big pieces of puck board.  I told my wife how happy I was to get some more.  She replied, "is that the white stuff all over the house and your shirt"  Hmm she does not seem as happy with my free puck board.  Sure glad I am done with that part.  The moral of the story is,, you must have a really patient understanding wife to build submarines.  And I do!Hank