[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: 2019 Flathead Lake Expedition 12-31-19 Update

Wed Jan 2 14:02:27 EST 2019

Is there a local source for helium as well as oxygen? That will be necessary if a dive rescue plan is to cover the entire depth range. Many years ago, I drove over the US border on a dive trip, having already mixed gas in several cylinders I was traveling with. Customs officers made me drain them all and spin the valves off so they could take a look inside to ensure I wasn't smuggling drugs or something. Maybe I look shady? Anyway, it was several hundred dollars worth of heliox. I'd rather not repeat the experience. Much better to partial-pressure mix and air top with an on-site compressor, if the option is available.

There is also the option of surface supply gear, depending on the nature of the available support vessels.

Sean

Sent from ProtonMail mobile